Tuesday, November 12, 2013

On a whole other note

So it is 13 days into November and as is the tradition in our country the Christmas panic has spread like wildfire, Christmas trees are springing up like never before and the spirit of Christmas is beginning to infect everyones minds. I was reflecting the years end and I realise now that this will be my first Christmas out of home, a rather frightening thought if I consider it. So I was in the mood of Christmas and I chose to spend a bit of time compiling a playlist of songs for Christmas, these songs make me think of the joys of Christmas; setting up the Christmas tree, opening stockings first thing in the morning, gathering around the tree to open presents, meals with extended family. All these things are what Christmas means to me, add prawns and crackers with paper crowns and bad jokes and it would be the perfect Christmas in my mind. Though as I was compiling this playlist I came across this song:


I started to reflect on the relevance of what Cindy Lou was singing in this song, something I am sure more people have stumbled on than me. I felt that this song spoke directly to me as I face my first year as an 'adult', Christmas starts to take on a whole new meaning and I don't know if I am ready for it.
I feel that I really should go through and give you a line by line analysis of how this song relates to me but I know that is totally unnecessary as the message in the song is really quite clear but I can't understand how this song could be such an exact reflection on how I am feeling but that is how life goes isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment