Monday, October 27, 2014

Number 14

On the 21st of October I completed number 14 of my list and didn't even realise it. 

I had oysters for the first time! I had two oysters as an appitiser on one of the most brilliant evenings. 

Keira, myself and our lovely grandmother on my mothers side went to see the King and I at the Opera house and my grandmother treated us to dinner at the Searock Grill, a lovely restaurant right on the water with a spectacular view of the Harbour Bridge. My dinner included two oysters as an appetiser and a Merlot with a main of roasted chicken. The first thing I anticipated when trying oysters was that the texture would be horrible and slimy a bit like snot, thankfully it wasn't a bit so after sliding it into my mouth I asked rather awkwardly what I was supposed or so with it "swallow it or chew it?" ( I was not the most ladylike diner) but my mouth answered th question and I found myself biting into the soft flesh, the taste was very pleasant especially mixed with lemon, I definitely advise the lemon. I will definitely be eating oysters again.
So that is number 14 ticked off the list although I am sure I will try at least one other new food before I am 20. 

No comments:

Post a Comment